The Kinder Goat Breeders Association, its directors and members strive to always reflect the highest standards of honesty, good will and integrity. The KGBA and its members have a responsibility to do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Our moral values must be certain and positive so that others will be influenced by our example. This code applies to all members that breed and sell Kinder goats as well as those attending KGBA events, discussions, meetings, and using social media. Violating our Code of Conduct demeans the integrity of our Association and devalues our goats and our purpose. Violating the KGBA Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary actions as described in the KGBA Disciplinary Procedures.
Members of the Kinder Goat Breeders Association, and its public forums and events, subscribe to the following Code of Ethics. They are committed to conducting themselves in a manner that:
- Reflects the goals, philosophy, and procedures as set forth by the KGBA.
- Honors the core values of integrity, respect, and accountability, as this is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior.
- Refrains from creating disharmony in the Association by attacking the good will of other members or the organization; the flaming of a member or officer on the web or in public constitutes creating disharmony.
- Reflects stateliness and integrity at any breed organization function in such a manner as to enhance the image of the Kinder Goat Breeders Association over oneself; to refrain from misrepresenting the organization; to respect the Officers of the Association.
- Expresses good sportsmanship in all activities.
- Refrains from a conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Refrains from threatening actions, poor language, or unnecessary criticism of other breeders or their goats.
In addition, they commit to:
- Maintain accurate individual records so that the Kinder Goat Breeders Association and Registry is accurate overall.
- Provide accurate and appropriate registration documents to purchasers of one’s breeding stock.
- Utilize safe animal husbandry practices to insure the health and well being of one’s Kinder herd.
- Treat our animals kindly and humanely.
- Be candid and forthright in dealing with the public and potential purchasers of one’s stock.
- Be knowledgeable about the Kinder Goat Breed Standard and thoroughly familiar with the various faults one may encounter in a breeding program in order to preserve and protect the authenticity of the gene pool.
- Always maintain integrity in dealings and make every effort to maintain a good breed standard.
- To help educate the general public as well as to assist the novice breeder.
**KGBA does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, economic status, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
***This Code of Conduct passed by vote of officers of the Kinder Goat Breeders Association February 13, 2017.
Disclaimer: The opinions, views, and thoughts expressed by newsletter and blog contributors do not necessarily reflect those of the Kinder® Goat Breeders Association. Goat husbandry advice found in the newsletter and blog is not meant to substitute a valid veterinary relationship. Please request permission to share or reprint newsletter and blog posts.